1. In a stewing pot, set over medium high heat, add the butter. When sizzling, add the chopped bacon and sauté until the bacon is starting to get crispy. Scoop out and reserve about 1/4 to 1/3 cup of prepared bacon bits for decoration
2. Add the diced celeriac, chopped celery and garlic, sauté for about 10 – 15 minutes
3. Add the salt, pepper, chicken stock (or substitute 2 cups of stock with 2 cups of chicken bone broth). Cover with a lid and simmer for 20 minutes
4. In the meantime, boil 3 eggs to a hard-boiled stage, place in cold water, peel and set aside
5. When soup is done, reduce to low heat and add the olive oil and heavy cream. Stir and cook for 5 minutes
6. Pour cooked soup into a blender (batch to a maximum half-full blender container when pureeing hot items) and puree until very smooth and creamy
7. OPTIONAL GARNISH PREP: cut through the whites of the hard-boiled egg, keeping yolk intact. Chop whites into very small bits and pass the yolk through a fine mesh sieve. Place about 1 tbsp of chopped egg whites just off center, the mashed yolk next to the whites, and sprinkle the reserved bacon between the white and yolk. Decorate with a green leaf such as cilantro
8. Serve either hot or cold. Enjoy!