1. In a small bowl combine the sour cream, MCT oil, olive oil, lime juice, chipotle peppers, cayenne pepper, grated garlic and salt. Stir and refrigerate until needed
2. Preheat the oven to 188 C or 370 F
3. Heat a frying pan over medium heat and add the oil. When sizzling, place the chicken pieces into the skillet, skin side down. Sear to golden brown, flip and sear the other side
4. Place seared chicken pieces on a cookie sheet. Put into the preheated oven and bake until meat is done, but still juicy. Timing will vary depending on chicken part and thickness. Do not overcook at this stage. When done, remove from oven and let cool. Remove the skin and the bones and shred into large bite-sized pieces. Set aside
5. To the skillet with the chicken fat, add the halved, seeds-removed jalapeno pepper. Fry over medium heat until skin side is browned, flip and sear the other side. When peppers look soft, remove from skillet and let cool on a cutting board. Mince to very small pieces. Set aside
6. Reduce heat to medium low and add butter or ghee. When melted, add the onion and the quartered cherry tomatoes. Sautee until the onions are translucent. Add the shredded chicken to the skillet. Stir to combine
7. Sprinkle the minced jalapeno peppers and the fajita seasoning on top of the chicken and toss to coat the chicken
8. Increase the heat to medium. Add the water, stir and bring to a simmer. Cook uncovered for 5 more minutes, stirring frequently. When done remove from heat.
9. To assemble, get 6 (or as many as you are serving) crispy taco bowls. Into each bowl, add these ingredients:
- place the shredded romaine on the bottom of the bowl
- Add one sixth of the prepared Keto Chicken Tinga. Place on top of the lettuce
- Add one sixth of the sour cream mixture on top of the Chicken Tinga
- Sprinkle cilantro on top of the sour cream
- OPTIONAL toppings: 2 quartered cherry tomatoes
- half a small avocado, cubed
10. Serve with a wedge of lime on the side or squeeze about ½ tsp of juice on top as a final step. Enjoy!