Whenever you feature an entrée such as this Pistachio Crusted Salmon it is important to realize that the macro ratio does NOT reflect the entire meal. Depending on the target you are after, 1:1, 1:2, 1:3 or 1:4 the sides and yes the desert you choose matter in the achievement of your total MEAL goal. In the Youtube video, I pair the salmon with a side salad that increases the ratio and achieves the 2:1 ratio. If I would have added a higher ratio dessert to this, such as the Chocolate Truffles (the most delicious fat bombs you can make) or the Lemon Panna Cotta, with a well-chosen dessert from our channel, you can see the macro charts and then make your choice and achieve the target you are after. So please mix and match our recipes to meet your personal goals and at the same time enjoy the Keto/LCHF diet for all its variety and flavor.
Here are some points I did not have time to make in the video that might help you understand my choices in both the ingredients I chose and the reasoning for how the recipe was put together. One important goal for me is to explain the WHY’s not just the how’s of a recipe so that you can go on and use the information in managing your own diet choices.
Deleted points from my video – because otherwise the video would be too long:
- I would strongly recommend you use wild salmon caught in cold water fishing regions. There is a noticeable difference in taste and nutritional benefit from wild salmon. An analogy I would suggest would be to consider the comparison when using grass fed animal products versus factory farmed meat, eggs and dairy.
- Test to see if it is done by inserting a fork and seeing if the meat flakes easily. Usually 10 minutes is enough time.
- The Pistachio Crusted Salmon can be paird with a number of side dishes, this evening I served it with the Romaine, Baby Spinach and Strawberry Salad with a simple olive oil and balsamic vinaigrette
- I like how the flavor of the salmon and this salad complement each other
- Also the addition of this salad made the overall meal macro ratio 2.32 to I
- But you can add any side dish you want, this salmon recipe is very versatile and goes well with many different side dishes