2. In a large bowl, combine cheddar cheese, onion, sour cream, coconut oil (unscented, or sub with MCT, avocado or grapeseed oil) cumin and jalapeno pepper. Mix to combine.
3. Take one third of the salsa and spread over the entire bottom of a parchment-lined or oiled pan. Place your first tortilla on top of the salsa.
4. Spread about 1/3 of the chicken mixture over the tortilla and with spatula spread from center right to the edges.
5. Place a second tortilla on top of the chicken layer. Place a third of the salsa onto the tortilla and spread over the entire top.
6. Repeat with the next chicken layer and the third tortilla.
7. The last layer is just the chicken mixture topped with your reserved grated cheddar.
8. Place into the oven at the middle rack position and bake for 30 minutes.
9. Remove from oven and let cool for 10 – 15 minutes. It will be extremely hot in the middle if you try to eat it right away. Enjoy!
As shown in the video, to reduce the carbohydrates, or if you do not have either time or desire to make the keto tortillas, you can use either a casserole dish or large ramekins. For this version, begin by putting the salsa on the bottom of the dish. Adjust quantity for just two layers, bottom of dish and then over the chicken, and dividing the ingredient amounts if using individual ramekins. Next, rather than layering the chicken spread, put the entire quantity on top of the salsa at the bottom of the casserole or ramekin. Spread the remaining salsa over the chicken and then evenly distribute the reserved grated cheese. Bake as above.
To complete this meal, a simple salad with olive oil and your favorite vinegar (we use apple cider vinegar) is all you need for a nutritious, hearty and very satisfying meal.