1. Heat a dry skillet or wok over medium high heat. Then add the oil and coat the bottom and sides well.
2. When oil is sizzling add the chopped bacon and onion and stir together. Fry for about 2 minutes until the bacon is cooked and just beginning to get crispy
3. Put the eggs into a small bowl add a 1/4 tsp of water and stir with a fork just to combine the egg whites and yolks. Do not overbeat.
5. Immediately add the ginger powder or fresh grated ginger and the tamari.
6. Continue stirring and tossing for about 1- 2 minutes to distribute the bacon, onion, egg and seasoning over the cauli rice.
7. After no more than two minutes, remove the fried cauli rice from the hot skillet or wok and scoop into a cold bowl. The cauli rice will be done al dente. You do not want to over-cook because the cauli rice will get too mushy and not have the texture and feel of rice.
My friend also used this base and turned it into a full meal. I will show you how very easy it is to turn this basic recipe, which on its own makes a great side dish to any meat entree, into a one pot/one bowl meal. The variations will be posted soon. In the meantime, enjoy!