Make 2 layers (2 full cakes) of the Naked Vanilla Sponge Cake
1. Prepare the day before or several hours ahead of time. Both cake layers must be completely cooled. Place the whipped cream on the bottom layer of sponge cake. Place the raspberries around the perimeter and over the whipped cream. Place more whipped cream on top of the raspberries. Position the second sponge cake on top of the whipped cream layer. Place in the refrigerator to allow whipped cream to set before you begin assembling and decorating the Fourth of July Flag Cake
Make the Raspberry Freezer Jam
2. Place the fresh or thawed raspberries into a blender. Add the water, glucomannan and sweetener. Blend at high speed until very smooth. Pass through wire mesh to remove seeds. Set aside
Make Keto Buttercream Frosting
3. Place the room temperature butter into the stand mixer bowl and whip at high speed until the butter is very pale yellow, stopping to scrape bowl from time to time
4. Reduce mixer speed to low, add the vanilla and add the confectionary sweetener one tbsp at a time until all the sweetener has been added and incorporated into the butter. Stop and scrape the bowl to get any sweetener that is on the side of the bowl
5. Whip 1/4 to 1/2 cup of heavy whipping cream to light peak stage. Add whipped cream to bowl with butter cream and fold or whip at very low speed until combined well
6. Continue whipping for 10 minutes until the buttercream is fluffy smooth and creamy. Cover bowl with cling wrap and refrigerate until needed
7. Spread a thin crumble layer of the buttercream frosting all over the cake. Repeat with a second thicker layer. Smooth the top with an offset spatula.
8. Use your hand to pat the raw shredded coconut on all four sides of the cake. Pat gently so that the shredded coconut sticks to the buttercream frosting
9. Place the 50 blueberries in the top left corner of the cake. First row has 6, then 5 and repeat until all 50 blueberries are in place
10. Place the raspberry jelly into a plastic baggie or piping bag. Pipe the rows of red stripes starting at the bottom. Use the back of the spoon or a small spatula, dipped in ice water, to gently glide over the raspberry jelly and to flatten the stripes
11. When the cake is decorated, refrigerate for at least one hour to allow the buttercream frosting to set properly before cutting the cake. Enjoy!