1. In a deep soup pot, add the butter and melt over low heat
2. Add the chopped onion and grated garlic and sauté until translucent
3. Add the chopped broccoli and all the broth. Cover with a tight lid and increase heat to medium. Bring to a light boil
4. Add the cubes of cream cheese and the grated extra old cheddar. Reduce heat to medium low and you have a light simmer. Stir in the cheese as it melts and combines in the broth
5. Cook until the broccoli is cooked through but still a bit crispy (about 10 minutes on light boil)
6. Either in a blender or with an immersion wand, chop the broccoli so that you can still see the small bits of broccoli– do not puree to a homogeneous cream (unless you specifically like it that way). Pour back into the pot
7. Let the creamed broccoli soup cool a bit and then add the heavy cream, the tamari or Worcestershire sauce, and the turmeric powder. Stir well, and let sit for about 5 minutes. Serve either warm or cold. Enjoy!