1. To a large mixing bowl, add the 12 whole eggs and finely ground sweetener. Whip to a pale yellow stage. Set aside
2. To a sauce pan, add the heavy cream, almond milk. Heat over medium low heat. Bring to a simmer, which is 165 F or 74/75 C
3. Temper the whipped eggs by slowly drizzling 1 cup of hot cream into the bowl as you whisk to combine. Repeat with a second cup of hot cream. Pour in the rest of the hot cream. Add the ground nutmeg and whisk to combine. Return the tempered eggnog liquid to the saucepan
4. Heat over low heat until the custard mixture reaches 165 F or 74/75 C. Whisk very frequently as the custard mixture comes to a light simmer. See FYI for more information
5. Remove from heat. To cool more quickly, transfer the eggnog to a mixing bowl and place bowl into ice bath to cool. Whisk as the eggnog is cooling. Refrigerate to chill or keep in ice bath until very cold
6. In a second mixing bowl, add the heavy cream and vanilla. Whip to medium-light peak stage. Pour whipped cream into the chilled custard and stir to combine
7. To flavor, add one of the following options, either non alcoholic or alcoholic versions as follows:
8. Pour eggnog into an airtight container (or mason jar with a lid) and refrigerate. Best served very cold. To serve, sprinkle lightly with nutmeg and add one or two cinnamon sticks. Enjoy!
December 16, 2021 @ 1:06 pm
How many whole eggs for two pints of cream and no almond milk?
December 17, 2021 @ 8:11 am
I answered this one on the YouTube channel comment – Cheers!