1. Add the very finely ground flaxseed flour and finely ground salt to a large mixing bowl
2. Boil water and using exactly 1 cup, pour into mixing bowl and stir immediately. Keep stirring to completely incorporate the flaxseed flour with the water. The consistency will be very sticky and gelatinous at first. Keep folding and mixing for about 2 minutes. Leave uncovered and let rest for 30 or preferably 60 minutes for all the water to be absorbed by the flaxseed flour
3. Knead until a smooth, non-sticky ball is formed. Divide into 4 sections. Roll each into a ball and flatten out into a pancake
4. Place on a parchment sheet and cover with a second parchment sheet. Use a rolling pin to roll out a very thin, flat 1/16 inch or 2 mm thick dough. Remove the top parchment sheet. Oil the rim of either a pot lid or bowl and then press on the dough. Remove the outer dough, and save for later
5. Preheat non-stick frying pan or crepe pan on medium heat. Very lightly grease the pan and place your tortilla into the pan. Fry from 1 to 1 ½, but no more than 2 minutes on the first side, or until lightly golden (DO NOT OVER COOK). Flip and cook the other side until lightly golden and remove from pan
6. Repeat until all the dough, including the scrapings has been used to make tortillas. Use any leftover dough from the last tortilla to make chips. For chips, just roll out as thin as possible and fry to crispy stage on both sides. Let cool and then break apart
To store any leftover tortillas, separate with pieces of parchment between them. Place in an airtight container to keep from drying out and place in the refrigerator for up to 5 days. These tortillas can be frozen for 2 to 3 months.
To reuse, defrost in the fridge the night before or until completely thawed on your counter. Heat a frying pan on medium-low and rewarm the tortillas for a few seconds on each side.
These wraps can be flavored with your favorite spice mixes to create different flavor profiles. If you would like me to create and demonstrate flavored wraps please leave a comment on the YouTube channel.