1. In a small pot make simple syrup by adding the water and sweetener. Bring to boil, stir continuously, and cook over medium heat until the sweetener is completely dissolved and a deep golden color
2. In a deep sided frying pan, add the butter and cook over medium heat until the butter solids separate and turn a gold brown color
4. Add the simple syrup to the pan, and stir well. Cook for a minute or two to combine and for the color to deepen to a golden brown
5. Add the cream, stirring and being careful (CAUTION: the addition of cream will cause frothing and bubbling which is extremely hot)
6. Cook over medium/medium low heat at a light simmer for about 15 to 20 minutes (or until the sauce thickens to the consistency of liquid honey and covers the back of the spoon), stirring constantly so that the caramel does not burn
7. Set aside to cool and store in a glass airtight container or pour into molds for fat bombs
To make this recipe taste really good and like caramel, you do have to use a sweetener that does have a “golden” or more brown sugar taste.
January 5, 2022 @ 7:57 pm
This looks amazing! What would you recommend for someone who is lactose intolerant? What can I use instead of butter and whipping cream?
Also, as with the fat bombs, can I add pecans, peanut butter and melted chocolate on top to make a good keto snack? (I use a 90% chocolate)
Thank you very much,
January 6, 2022 @ 10:22 am
For people who need a dairy free butter, I have made a vegan butter. Here is the link:
Or, you could try refined coconut oil in place of the butter.
And, in place of heavy cream, a good substitute is full fat coconut cream (the fat part, not the liquid)
I have never made the caramel using these two ingredients, but I could try and let you know how it turns out, if you are not in a hurry. Otherwise, if you want to try, do let me know if it turns out.
Once you’ve made the caramel base, you can add any delicious ingredient, such as the pecans and chocolate, to make a caramel fudge.
Thank you for the questions!
All the best