1. Place your raw blanched cashews into a medium sized glass bowl. Pour in warm water so that it covers the cashews, but at least double in volume. Cover the bowl with cling wrap and leave on the counter, or place in the refrigerator, overnight and best if soaked for 24 hours. Drain and rinse the soaked cashews well before using
2. Preheat the oven to 200 C or 400 F. Line a baking sheet with parchment
3. Put the cashews into a food processor, also add the parsley, cilantro, diced jalapeno pepper, chopped onion and the garlic
4. Next add all the seasoning: cumin powder, salt, cardamom, black pepper, and baking soda. Blend until the texture is very rough and grainy (do not over process into a paste)
5. To the food processor mixing bowl, add the whole psyllium husk, the hemp hearts and the almond flour, water and stir. Then add the olive oil, apple cider vinegar and glucomannan powder. Blend to combine all the ingredients. Let rest about 5 minutes
6. Place the dough onto the parchment lined baking sheet and spread the dough out over the surface to make a 6mm or 1/4 inch thickness. Press gently with your fingers, starting from middle and move towards the outside as you flatten the dough – do not put too much pressure on the dough. Press into a rectangle (about a 14 inch X 9 1/2 inch, or 35 cm X 24 cm rectangle) and use the back of a knife to even out the edges
7. Put the tray into the middle position of your preheated oven and bake for about 15 – 20 minutes. Remove from the oven and let flatbread cool to room temperature in the baking sheet. Then transfer the bread onto a cooling rack, peel off the parchment and let the bottom air dry. Cut the longer side into 4 equal sections and the width into 3 equal sections to form sandwich sized rectangular slices. Enjoy!
This bread is excellent with some of my Keto Vegan Butter, a nut butter of your choice, tahini and/or topped with vegetables of your choice.