1. Place a fine sieve over a deep mixing bowl and add the almond flour, whey protein isolate, oat fiber, salt, baking soda or baking powder and glucomannan
2. Whisk the dry ingredients in the sieve. Any large pieces that do not pass through sieve, discard. Set aside
3. Put the paddle attachment onto your stand mixer
4. Add the butter and beat on medium speed for 2 – 3 minutes, until butter is very pale yellow. Scrape the side and bottom of bowl during the beating time
5. Add the eggs one at a time, beating on medium speed between additions of each egg, to incorporate the egg and butter. The mixture will look curdled
6. Stop the beater and add the vanilla and confectionary sweetener. Blend with a spatula and then resume beating on low speed for several minutes
7. Add one cup of the dry ingredient flour mixture to the butter and beat to combine. Continue adding the flour mixture until all of it has been combined with the butter and egg mixture and you have a smooth creamy cookie dough
8. Place a long sheet of parchment paper on your working surface. Place your dough in the center and then cover with a second strip of parchment. Place the sticks on the surface of the parchment as guides. Using a rolling pin, go back and forth over the dough until your dough is the same thickness as the paint sticks. Remove the paint sticks
9. Slide the parchment and dough onto a cookie sheet and refrigerate for 3 to 4 hours minimum, or until the dough is firm. Overnight is ideal
10. After chilling, slide the parchment back onto a work surface. Line the cookie sheet with a fresh sheet of parchment. Then remove the top layer of parchment paper from the dough and, using your favorite cookie cutter shapes, press out the cookies
11. Peel away the dough around the cutouts (save and reuse later) and with a spatula slide under the cookie shapes and gently arrange on cookie sheet. Do not overcrowd
12. When your cookie sheet is full, place the cookies and cookie sheet back into the refrigerator for about 20 minutes
13. Preheat your oven to 150 C or 300 F
14. Place cookies in the middle position in the oven. Bake for 8 -10 minutes ONLY!
15. Remove from oven while cookies are still very pale and look raw in the center. Leave to cool on the cookie sheet. Then, with a spatula, transfer the cookies to a cooling rack. It will take about 8 hours for the cookies to be firm and ready to ice or eat
16. The cookies will last several days on the counter. If you plan on keeping them longer, store in an air tight container in the refrigerator. Enjoy!