1. Into a medium bowl add the dry ingredients: almond flour, coconut flour, protein powder, chia seed powder, glucomannan, salt, cocoa powder. Whisk to combine all the ingredients
2. Melted the coconut oil and mix in the vanilla extract (if using liquid extract). Add to the dry ingredients and whisk together until all the ingredients are well combined
3. Add the hot water and whisk to combine well. Set aside and let rest for 30- 60 minutes
4. SUGGESTION: Use silicone cupcake molds or liners for ease of removal of finished cupcakes
5. When pie crust dough has rested, place 1 tablespoon per cupcake form, use the back of the spoon and press into shape. This will make 20 cupcakes. Alternatively, make 12 cupcakes and also a 15 cm or 6 inch spring form cake pan
6. Place into the middle position of a preheated oven (185 C or 370 F). Bake for 15 minutes
7. Remove from oven and leave in pan but set on a cooling rack to cool. Allow to cool to room temperature before adding pie or cupcake ingredients. Enjoy!
Also, please note that if your protein powder already contains vanilla you do not need to add the extra vanilla, as I have added when suggesting the hemp protein powder.
Lastly, as I mentioned in the video, using silicone cupcake forms, or silicone liners you place into a metal cupcake pan, will make it much easier to remove, without damaging, the beautiful cupcakes you are going to make.