1. Preheat your oven to 350F or 175C. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside
2. Add the room temperature butter and sweetener (which has been ground to a confectionery powder) to your mixing bowl. If using a stand mixer, use the paddle attachment and whip about 2 minutes until butter is pale yellow. Stop and scrape a couple of times during whipping
3. Add the eggs one at a time, whipping to blend before adding the second egg. The mixture may look curdled, not to worry!
4. Place a fine mesh sieve over the bowl before adding the almond flour, the coconut flour, the whey protein powder, Dutch processed cocoa, salt, glucomannan powder, and the baking powder. Whisk to sift the dry ingredients
5. Gradually incorporate the dry ingredient mixture with the wet ingredients. Either using a hand mixer or a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, beat to combine but do not over beat. Cover the bowl with cling wrap. Refrigerate for a minimum of 2 hours and until the dough is very chilled
6. Use a 1 tbsp ice cream scoop or a 1 tbsp measuring spoon and scoop out the dough (make sure it is just 1 tbsp of dough – do not compress). Gently roll to form a ball. Place the dough balls on the parchment lined cookie sheet, leaving plenty of space between the dough balls. Gently press down on the dough ball to flatten slightly
7. Place the tray with the dough balls into the middle position of the preheated oven and bake for 10 (for softer texture) to 12 (for crisper texture) minutes. The cookies will still look underdone. At your counter, gently drop the tray from about 8 inches from the surface (this will help create or enhance the crackle look)
8. Leave the tray of cookies on cooling rack and let cookies cool for about 10 minutes. When the cookies have cooled, use a spatula, scoop up the cookies and transfer onto the wire rack so that the cookies can cool down and for the exterior to dry and crisp slightly. If possible, let the cookies cool on the counter overnight for best flavor and texture
9. Once the cookies are completely cooled, add the reserved tbsp of powdered sweetener, to a small, fine sieve and drizzle the powdered sweetener evenly over the cookies. Serve and ENJOY!