1. Before starting the custard, make a full batch of my Keto Caramel Sauce & Caramel Fat Bombs recipe. When adding the salt, add the extra ½ tsp to make it taste like salty caramel. When done, leave in the pot until needed
6. The next step is to temper the whipped egg yolk mixture, by slowly drizzling about 1 cup of the hot cream mixture as you whisk continuously. It is very important to whisk rather vigorously to prevent the egg yolks from clumping, due to the heat. Repeat with a second cup of hot liquid. Then slowly pour the remaining hot liquid into the egg mixture bowl as you whisk
9. When the mixture reaches the correct temperature (or, if you do not have a thermometer, test by dipping spoon into the liquid and run along length of spoon – liquid is done when spoon stays clean) immediately remove the pot from heat
12. The next step is to cool the custard to room temperature. Either place the bowl in an ice bath (ice cubes and water) or allow to cool slowly on the counter. As the custard is cooling whisk from time to time. When the custard has cooled completely to room temperature, cover the bowl with cling wrap so that the cling wrap touches the custard (to prevent skin from forming) and refrigerate until the custard is very cold, about 2 to 3 hours. Also chill the container in which you will be storing the ice cream when done
13. Prepare your ice cream maker according to your manufacturer’s directions, making sure the churning pot is chilled properly. Start the machine churning before pouring in the custard and pour the custard into the pot. Select the hardest consistency setting your machine has
14. When the ice cream is done, transfer the ice cream, which is at soft serve consistency, to the chilled container and cover and refrigerate as quickly as possible. Let set in the fridge for 3 or more hours – until the ice cream can be easily scooped with a bit of resistance as you scoop. Enjoy!