1. Before starting this recipe, bake the spaghetti squash halves to an al dente stage. Remove from oven and cool completely. This can be done the day before, and refrigerated. Just before baking the pie, using a fork, gently scrape the strands of spaghetti squash out of the shell. Keep the strands as loose as possible. Put the spaghetti squash strands into a bowl and set aside
2. Prepare a pack of bacon – use the oven method for least shrinkage. Here is the link to the video tutorial. When bacon is lightly crispy, open oven door and leave in the oven to cool until needed. Cut the bacon into even size pieces. Set aside
3. To a mixing bowl add the eggs, salt and pepper. Whisk to combine. Add the spaghetti squash strands and the grated mozzarella, parmesan, and chopped bacon. Fold to combine everything together
4. Line the bottom of an oven-safe pan or casserole dish with parchment paper and grease the sides with olive oil. Pour the remaining olive oil on top of the parchment and grease the bottom. Pour in the contents of your mixing bowl. Level the surface
5. Place the casserole dish into the middle position of a 400F or 200 C preheated oven. Bake for 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean
6. Cool to room temperature or refrigerate to cool completely before slicing and serving. Enjoy!
Link to my How to Make Perfect Bacon in the Oven
Link to Laura Vitale's original Spaghetti Pie: The Portable Pasta.