1. Prepare the Bulgogi Sauce – Keto Korean BBQ Sauce: Weigh out 402 g (14 oz) and add either the finely diced chili peppers or sub with either the cayenne pepper or chili flakes. Stir well to combine. Cover and place in the fridge until needed
2. If using previously frozen meat, thaw it, and bring meat, whether frozen or refrigerated, to room temperature (See FYI for guide to thickness and suggestions for preparing or cutting meat into thin sections for Korean BBQ)
10. Heat your wok, skillet or outdoor BBQ. If using a wok or skillet, heat the pan over medium heat, then add the first 2 tbsp of roasted sesame seed oil. Coat the bottom and sides of the pan you are using. NOTE: The traditional and authentic method to make Bulgogi – Korean BBQ is on top of a charcoal grill / BBQ – you will however, need a fine steel mesh, BBQ grill pan or use aluminum foil on which to cook the meat so that the thin sheets of meat do not fall through the BBQ grate
11. Place each sheet of marinated meat flat onto the pan surface – do not crowd the meat. Best results will be obtained if meat is cooked in small batches. Cook until lightly crusty and golden brown. Flip and cook the other side until it, too, has a golden-brown crust. Remove, placing on serving plate. Cover with a tent of aluminum foil to keep warm
13. Lastly, for the vegetables: pour in the remaining sauce from the marinade, heat up and add the mushrooms. Cook until mushrooms are also slightly crispy on the outside, about 3 minutes. Scoop out and place into a separate bowl
14. Toss the match stick carrots into the pot with the remaining marinade and stir fry until the carrots are a bit browned but still at the crispy stage – about 2 to 3 minutes. Scoop out and place into a separate bowl
15. To assemble on a platter, layer about half of the Spicy Pork Bulgogi onto a serving platter, sprinkle half of the carrots over the surface, repeat with the half of the mushrooms and green onions. Lay the rest of the Spicy Pork Bulgogi on top and again sprinkle the carrot match sticks and mushrooms on top. Finish with a light sprinkling of the green onions
Always allow the meat to come to room temperature so that it will fry evenly on the outside and inside. If the meat is cold, the outside will brown faster, and the inside may not be cooked as desired.