1. Preheat the oven, top and bottom setting, to 200 C or 400 F (place rack at upper 1/3 of the oven)
2. In a bowl add the butter, minced garlic, fresh chopped rosemary and lemon zest. Use a for to combine all the ingredients. Set aside.
4. Use your hands to take 1/8 of the compound butter for each chop and coat both sides of the lamb chops.
5. Place coated lamb chops onto a parchment-lined baking sheet.
6. Place into preheated oven and bake for 20 minutes, or bake to your preferred doneness. The actual time will depend on the thickness of your chops.
Lamb meat is considered a high quality protein, but also contains varying amounts of fat (depending on cut). Most of the fat is saturated fat, but there is also a small amount of conjugated linoleic acid (CLA), which has several health benefits. Lamb is a rich source of many vitamins and minerals (see USDA web site for complete list and details).