1. Take the ham out of the refrigerator and let the meat get to room temperature before roasting. Score, with shallow cuts, the surface fat layer in a crisscross diagonal pattern. Set aside until meat is at room temperature
2. In a mixing bowl, combine the melted butter, maple extract, clove powder, mustard powder, whole grain Dijon mustard and the Lakanto Gold sweetener. Stir well to combine the ingredients and to have the sweetener dissolve. Set aside to have flavors marinate
4. In a large roasting pot or baking dish, spread several tablespoons of the glaze on the bottom of the pan. Place the scored ham into the pan and generously spread the glaze on tip and on the cut side. Work some of the glaze into the scored fat. Let the glazed ham marinate for about one hour on your counter. Alternatively, cover with cling wrap and refrigerate overnight. Take out of the fridge and let the meat return to room temperature before placing into the oven
5. Cover the ham with a loose aluminum foil tent before placing into the lower third shelf in the oven. Bake for 1 hour and then remove aluminum foil and bake for another 45 minutes. This will create a crispy crackle crust. Please adjust your baking time according to the size of your ham.
6. Remove from the oven and let ham rest for about 30 – 60 minutes before cutting into serving slices. While the ham is resting, ladle the drippings to pour them over the ham, several times