1. In a bowl, combine all the spice rub ingredients: premium sour cream, heavy whipping cream, olive oil, lemon juice, lemon zest, minced garlic, ground cumin, salt, pepper, turmeric powder, sweet paprika powder, coriander powder and cayenne pepper. Whisk to combine well
3. Taking about a sixth of the rub, generously coat each of the 6 lamb chops, and place onto a platter
4. Preheat your skillet or stove top grill on medium heat, and then add the grapeseed oil
6. Place the lamb chops into the sizzling oil and fry for about 5 minutes on the first side
7. Only flip once and then fry for 3 – 5 minutes on the second side -NOTE the time needed will vary depending on the thickness of your lamb chop, the meat should be done to a medium for best results
8. Remove from heat and let rest for 5 to 10 minutes before serving
9. Place all the ingredients into a small bowl, stir and refrigerate until needed
If you only need 1 or 2 chops, place the rest into a labeled and dated freezer bag. The lamb chops will keep well in the freezer for a couple of months.
IMPORTANT:Please note that although mint is considered a healthy and a wonderfully aromatic herb, I have found in a literature survey that mint leaves of any kind are debated as to how safe they are for pregnant women. Some literature states that mint leaves may cause a spontaneous abortion/miscarriage if consumed in large quantities, while other information states that it is helpful for digestion and morning sickness. I am not a medical doctor, so please take this under advisement and consult with your doctor and medical advisers to get the information that is best for you, in order to avoid problems.
For your information here are 2 articles I found: