1. The day before, or earlier in the same day, make a full batch of very thin nacho chips. See the Nacho Chips recipe
2. The day before, or earlier in the same day, make a full batch of either the smooth or chunky Authentic Mexican Guacamole recipe
3. Remove the steaks from the fridge and allow them to become room temperature all the way through. Sprinkle the salt and pepper onto both sides of the steak
4. Pre-heat your frying pan/grill pan on the high setting of your stovetop and then add your butter. When the butter is starting to sizzle, lay the steak into the grill/frying pan
5. Sear the steak until well browned, about 3 – 5 minutes and then flip and sear for 2-3 minutes on the second side. Remove from frying pan and place on a plate to cool completely
6. Cut the steak into 2.5 cm or 1 inch strips against the grain and then each strip into 2.5 cm or 1 inch lengths
7. Preheat your oven to 200 C or 400 F (top and bottom setting)
8. Line a baking sheet with parchment and place a single layer of the nacho ships, about half of the quantity you made
9. Sprinkle half of the grated Monterey Jack cheese, then half of the grated old/sharp cheddar, half the quartered cherry tomatoes, half the diced jalapeno peppers, and half of the diced steak
10. Place the rest of the nacho chips on top and repeat the layering
11. OPTIONAL, you can now top with the grated mozzarella cheese
12. Place in the middle position of a preheated oven and bake for 5 to 8 minutes, or until the top layer of cheese has melted
Just a word of advice about the final baking time of the nacho supreme assembly: do not bake too long because the chips might get soft again - but if they do, the Nachos Supreme will still taste amazing. It took me a couple of tries to get the right balance between melted cheese and crispy chips. What was great was that the learning is still tasty – and it is a great reason to do it one more time, very soon so you do not forget what you needed to change.
If you are needing to watch your total carbs because of specific health reasons, keep your portion size at 1/10 of the total amount made, and make a delicious side salad with simple olive oil and a very small quantity of no sugar added balsamic vinegar. You can also finish the meal with a high fat treat like the chocolate truffles (aka chocolate fat bombs). Enjoy!