2. Soak the wooden skewers in water for 30 minutes before using
3. Cut chicken breasts into 5 cm/ 2 inch cubes, and place cubes into a large bowl
4. The marinate: sprinkle all the ingredients of the marinade over the chicken cubes
6. Cover the bowl with cling wrap and refrigerate for at least 1 hour. You can leave in the refrigerator overnight. This will enhance the flavor of the marinated chicken
7. When you are ready to cook, retrieve the soaked wooden skewers and place 4 to 5 chicken cubes on each skewer
8. Place the prepared souvlaki onto a raised platform such as a roasting pot lid or baking sheet. Place in the middle position in the oven and bake for 30 minutes or until done.
9. In a measuring cup or small bowl, combine all the aioli ingredients and stir.
10. Cover with cling wrap and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes. Serve along-side the souvlaki as a dip.
11. Can substitute Garlic Aioli with Keto Tzatziki (the Macronutrient ratio will change)
, For a full dinner, serve the chicken souvlaki with either tzatziki, or garlic aioli as suggested in this recipe. It is important to include dark green vegetables to ensure that you are having a well balanced meal that meets many of the nutritional requirements for a healthy life, not just the target fat ratio. As a side dish, I would recommend a salad of your choice or the Spinach, Feta and Bacon Salad.
Serving sizes are under your control and you should eat to feel satiated, not to the point of "I could not eat another bite." Remember that for some people it takes at least half an hour for leptin response to signal that you are full. From personal experience with my family and friends, I also know that some people do not have a good leptin response and will keep eating until they are "stuffed." So, as with everything, know your limit in how much you need to feel full and meet your caloric and carbohydrate amounts for the meal. There is a common misconception that on the Keto diet you can eat all you want and not worry about calories. This is true, but also false. More on this to come.
The following are serving sizes. Choose the portion that fits your dietary needs.