1. Make the teriyaki marinade: In a medium bowl, mix soy sauce, honey, onion, rice vinegar, ginger, garlic, and black pepper, and set aside.
2. Heat a large frying pan and add the grapeseed or avocado oil. When the oil is hot, place the chicken pieces skin side down. Brown for 1-2 minutes per side, until golden and skin side is crispy
3. Place chicken into the bottom of the slow cooker, layering if needed. Pour any fat from the frying pan over the chicken
4. Pour the water into the slow cooker over the chicken
5. Pour the teriyaki marinade over the chicken, distributing the solid pieces of ginger and garlic over all the chicken parts as evenly as possible
6. Arrange the vegetables on top of the chicken, starting with the carrots, then the broccoli florets and lastly the zucchini medallions
7. Cover and set timer to cook on high for 4 hours, or cook on low for 6 hours
8. When done, remove the vegetables and place on a platter, and with a slotted spoon remove the chicken pieces and place on a platter
9. To make the gravy, into a half cup of water add the glucomannan and stir. Pour into the liquid and set slow cooker to “stovetop” and high and whisk as it cooks for about 6-8 minutes. Alternatively, pour the drippings into a small saucepan and pour the glucomannan mixture into the pot, cooking over medium low heat, whisking for about 6-8 minutes. Enjoy!