1. In a medium bowl add the sour cream, olive oil, garlic, lemon juice and salt. Mix well and set aside.
2. Peel your cucumber and remove the seeds (scoop out with a teaspoon).
3. Coarsely grate the cucumber and then chop until the texture is very fine and there are no lumps.
4. Take the cucumber pulp and squeeze out as much of the liquid (into the sink) as you can.
5. Add the cucumber pulp to the bowl with the sour cream mixture and stir well until the cucumber is evenly distributed. Cover tightly with plastic wrap.
6. Refrigerate for at least one hour in order that the ingredients will diffuse through the sour cream.